With Easter Sunday only dual days away, Christians around a universe will observe Good Friday currently by participating in various Stations of Cross events.
In Jersey City, some-more than a than a dozen congregations, comprising Episcopalians, Lutherans, Methodists, Protestants and Roman Catholics will perform a Stations of a Cross by visiting 14 sites of aroused incidents in Jersey City over a final year.
The Stations of a Cross, that commemorate the 14 scenes from a day Jesus was crucified, start with his defamation and resolved with his physique being laid in a tomb.
At any hire on a Jersey City tour, a spike will be driven into an 8-foot cranky being carried during a way and participants will urge for a plant who suffered during that location.
The way starts during 9:30 a.m. Here are a 14 locations, in order:
1. Walgreens, dilemma of Communipaw Avenue and Kennedy Boulevard, where the 23-year-old patrolman Melvin Santiago was fatally shot while responding to a news of a robbery.
2. Corner of Oxford Avenue and Kennedy Boulevard, where a male was shot last April.
3. Lexington Avenue, between West Side Avenue and Kennedy Boulevard, where a male died from his gunshot wounds in August.
4. Corner of Bergen and Lexington avenues, where a North Bergen male was fatally stabbed.
5. 205 Union St., between Bergen Avenue and Sackett Street, where a male was shot and killed in October.
6. Corner of Martin Luther King Drive and Oak Street, where a male was shot in July.
7. 32 Union St., between Arlington and Randolph avenues, Victim Shot.
8. 94 Union St., between Martin Luther King Drive and Ocean Avenue, where a man was shot in a arm in October.
9. 16 Salem Lafayette Court, between Service Road and Ocean Avenue, where a 5-year-old child was shot in June.
10. 15 Prescott St., between Communipaw Avenue and Park Street, where a man was shot in a stomach and leg in May.
11. Corner of Crescent Avenue and Communipaw Avenue, where a lady was shot in a thigh earlier this month.
12. 28 Seidler St., between Bramhall Avenue and Clinton Avenue, where a man was found shot dead on a corridor building of his unit building final April.
13. 591 Communipaw Ave., between Bergen Avenue and Monticello Avenue, where a chairman was shot.
14. Corner of Bergen and Gifford avenues, where a male was shot in a hand in December.