By Jack Thomason–
(CBS) Here we go with a injuries. Week 2 was flattering rough, with a likes of Adrian Peterson, Danny Woodhead, Doug Martin and Jonathan Stewart going down. Not usually are their backups going to be prohibited pick-ups, though there are a ton of receivers and a few other regulating backs value grabbing. we can’t fit everybody into my tip 10, so be certain to compensate tighten courtesy to a “just missed” territory too.
There are also some misleading damage situations as we write this, so be certain to keep an eye on them — specifically, Martin’s hamstring and Donte Moncrief’s shoulder. Also, make certain players like Mike Wallace, Tajae Sharpe and Tevin Coleman aren’t still available. While their tenure percentages increasing to a indicate we won’t embody them, they’re still accessible in a poignant volume of leagues and shouldn’t be.
Here are my tip 10 waiver adds for 10- and 12-member leagues.
1. Charles Sims (RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers) – Martin is scheduled for a MRI Tuesday, so we don’t know a astringency of his hamstring damage during this point. That being said, manager Dirk Koetter is already observant Sims can be a underline behind if Martin misses time. Sims supposing stand-alone anticipation value in drafts and might now be a three-down workhorse in Tampa. He’s immediately value a tip mark here, given his dual-threat ability and pass-protection skills. There’s small reason for a Buccaneers to lift him off a margin unless Martin is behind earlier than later. Even then, hamstrings are a wily injuries that tend to cocktail behind adult usually when we consider you’re healthy.
2. Jerick McKinnon/Matt Asiata (RBs, Minnesota Vikings) – As of Monday afternoon, a word on Adrian Peterson was that he’d be out dual to 4 weeks with a ripped meniscus. The engaging partial here is Asiata out-touched McKinnon, 7-3, after Peterson went out and he was also a bigger anticipation cause behind in 2014 when Peterson sat out. The talent lies with McKinnon, and he’s a one I’d be looking to squeeze — though we have to design some arrange of cabinet here, and Asiata is value a navigator too. He’s expected to get a goal-line work too. We all know Peterson is a super-human freak, carrying shown his unimaginable recovering ability when he tore his ACL, though he’s comparison and there’s always intensity for this to linger.
3. Theo Riddick/Dwayne Washington (RBs, Detroit Lions) – Riddick dominated a snaps after Ameer Abdullah left with a feet injury, though a Lions got Washington concerned as well. While Riddick would be your initial choice to supplement given his dual-threat ability and his role, Washington is going to play too while Abdullah is sidelined. He’s a totally opposite behind than a other dual and brings a nasty, pulsation character that will be a good change of gait from Riddick. we would also design him to get a goal-line work given his 6-foot-1, 223-pound frame.
4. Tyrell Williams (WR, San Diego Chargers) – At 6-foot-4 and 204 pounds, Williams is a big-bodied receiver whom Philip Rivers loves to target. He played 74 percent of a snaps final week while receiving 6 targets. His snap count was second-most, and his targets were tied for initial with Travis Benjamin. While a Chargers played a Jaguars, they still looked like an offense that can pierce a round and score. Williams had a palm in that with a 44-yard touchdown noted by nifty work after a catch.
5. Quincy Enunwa (WR, New York Jets) – The Jets have been regulating Enunwa heavily by a initial dual weeks of a season, and he’s here to stay. He has played on 75 percent of a snaps and has usually one fewer aim than Eric Decker and 3 fewer than Brandon Marshall. He’s totaled 13 receptions, 146 yards and a measure on a season. If you’re in need of a receiver, Enunwa is value a pick-up given a Jets’ skip of parsimonious finish and their widespread offense.
6. Fozzy Whittaker (RB, Carolina Panthers) – Stewart was roughed adult in Week 1 and sat out some of use this past week. He finished adult suiting adult though didn’t final long. In comes Whittaker, rolling adult 131 yards on 19 touches. We all know Stewart isn’t new to a damage bug, and manager Ron Rivera is already observant he will skip “at slightest a week or two.” So Whittaker is a actor you’re going to wish to have given a run-first Carolina approach. The usually reason he isn’t aloft is a hazard of Mike Tolbert and Cameron Artis-Payne hidden time. Whitaker played on 59 percent of a snaps Sunday.
7. Victor Cruz (WR, New York Giants) – The Giants have run a many plays in a NFL in three-receiver sets. Cruz has been on a margin for 92 percent of a snaps by dual weeks and continues to peep some of his pre-injury abilities. Eli Manning is gentle throwing to Cruz as he works a center of a field, and that’s clear with his 12 targets in dual weeks, tied for second-most on a group with Sterling Shepard. Cruz’s 8 catches for 126 yards and a measure by dual weeks is earnest as he continues to recover form.
8. Dennis Pitta (TE, Baltimore Ravens) – Quietly, Pitta is heading a Ravens in targets, that is extraordinary in a possess right, given he hasn’t played football in dual years with a hip injury. It looks like a mislaid time had no ill outcome on Joe Flacco’s affinity for Pitta, and that was on full arrangement Sunday with his nine-catch, 102-yard performance. The Ravens offense has many targets, though Pitta has been a pivotal spoke and that’s expected to stay a case. He’s also averaged some-more than 71 percent of a snaps in dual weeks.
9. Phillip Dorsett (WR, Indianapolis Colts) – we unequivocally debated putting Jamison Crowder here given that he leads his group in targets (18,) though with a intensity that Moncrief could skip extended time, Dorsett is a actor to add. Dorsett now leads a group in receiving yards with 124, and he’s personification 78 percent of a snaps. If Moncrief is out, Dorsett becomes a must-own since of a Colts’ inclination for throwing. He’s an bomb playmaker who would see his purpose and opportunities expand.
10. Jay Ajayi (RB, Miami Dolphins) – There isn’t most to contend here, solely Arian Foster is harmed again. Ajayi did small to zero with his 5 carries this past week, tallying usually 14 yards, though he did supplement 4 receptions for an additional 31 yards. Keep an eye on Kenyan Drake as well. He’s in a “just missed” section, though for now, I’d design Ajayi to get a initial moment during starting in Week 3 if Foster is out.
Just missed: Shane Vereen, Kenyan Drake, Devontae Booker, Chris Hogan, Cole Beasley, Jamison Crowder, Steve Smith, Josh Doctson, Jacob Tamme and Kyle Rudolph.
Jack Thomason is 670 The Score’s anticipation football consultant and co-host of “Chicago’s Fantasy Football Today,” that can be listened each Sunday during football deteriorate from 8-9 a.m. CT on WSCR-670 and 670thescore.com/listen. Follow him on Twitter @jthomason77 and feel giveaway to ask anticipation questions.