The Seattle Seahawks (2-1) erased a memory of final week’s nauseous detriment to a Rams with a punishing and convincing 37-18 throttle-job of a San Francisco 49ers (1-2). Here’s what we schooled from Sunday’s rout:
1. All those worries about Seattle’s offense? Ship that gibberish to outdoor space. Russell Wilson riddled a Niners for 243 yards and a touchdown during a tasty 10.6 yards per chuck before withdrawal with an apparent left knee injury. Wilson was pulled from a lean with 10 mins left in a third entertain after his left leg was rolled adult on in nauseous fashion. The enchanting passer returned only one play later, yet backup Trevone Boykin took over for good on a following drive. Pam Oliver of FOX Sports reported that Seattle was “going to lift him anyway” with a diversion out of hand, yet Wilson is already traffic with a high-ankle twist on his right leg. Pete Carroll told reporters after a diversion that Wilson “sprained his knee a small bit.” Wilson’s health is apparently vast news streamer into Week 4.
2. Seahawks regulating behind Christine Michael lived adult to a billing. Unencumbered by cabinet duties, The Woke Bloke ripped by San Francisco for 106 yards on 20 totes, regulating his energy and detonate to delude a opponent. Michael non-stop a scoring with a 41-yard touchdown run on Seattle’s third play from scrimmage. Highlights aside, though, he regularly challenged defenders, spun out of tackles and battled for additional yardage. We like Thomas Rawls, yet Michael, who finished with dual scores, has warranted a possibility to fly as a volume-heavy prohibited palm while Seattle prepares for a Jets, Falcons and Cardinals over their subsequent 3 dates.
3. Blaine Gabbert started 9-of-10 passing, that serves as another instance of a football box score’s oft-meaningless nature. The offense fell massively prosaic opposite Seattle’s premier defense, with Gabbert (14-of-25 flitting for only 119 yards) generating 7 punts and converting only 4-of-15 third downs. After predictably resplendent in Week 1, a 49ers have given adult an vast 83 points over a past dual weeks.
4. After only 4 catches for 53 yards over a initial dual games, Seahawks parsimonious finish Jimmy Graham was a difference-maker on Sunday, figure adult a Niners for 100 yards off 6 grabs. Both Graham and Doug Baldwin (8/164/1) surpassed a 100-yard symbol before halftime for a Seahawks conflict that outgained San Francisco 316-to-126 over a initial 30 minutes. Even after Wilson departed, Boykin kept a offense alive with a flattering touchdown pass to Baldwin.
5. Fantasy Hot Takers will drool over Carlos Hyde’s final line, yet genuine life presents a concerning unfolding for San Francisco’s back. Teams like Seattle don’t fear Gabbert, withdrawal them to pivotal on Hyde (21/102/2) but looking back. He fell plant to a come-from-behind diversion book until scoring a span of touchdowns and a two-point acclimatisation in super-garbage time.