DALLAS – The Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys block off during 4:30 p.m. currently with a Redskins looking to revenge an early-season four-point loss.
Dallas, meanwhile, hopes to extend a winning strain to 10 games and sojourn absolutely in a lead of a NFC East.
It’s a initial Thanksgiving diversion between these teams given 2012, when Robert Griffin III threw 4 touchdowns to lead Washington to a 38-31 feat during ATT Stadium.
Now, Kirk Cousins will try to lead his patrol to another much-needed victory, that would urge their multiplication record to 3-1 (7-3-1 overall), and dump a Cowboys to 2-2 in a NFC East (9-2 overall).
● Cousins has played his best round of a deteriorate in a past 3 games. He has played with some-more aggression, he has done quicker decisions, and he has done some clearly unfit throws. Unlike early in a season, where Cousins threw essentially to a open receiver rather than creation some tough throws to get receivers open, he has been some-more of a playmaker as of late.
“It’s a trust that we rise with your receivers by practice, meaningful a form of balls they’re means to make a play on or what balls they can’t make a play on,” Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon pronounced this week. “And when we get to that cause with those guys, even when they competence demeanour like they’re covered, we chuck them open given of their locate radius or leaping ability, or things that we worked on in practice. …
“That’s what we grown with Cris Carter when we went to Minnesota. After meaningful ability sets, we knew what kind of balls we could chuck him given no one could cover him on them. Like a dilemma route. we knew we could usually chuck it adult there given he was going to make a play on a ball, even if a male was on him. we could chuck it high to a outside, and he could go adult and make a play on it given he had a physique positioning and was a good basketball actor in high school.”
Moon pronounced that from his observations, Cousins was personification protected during a opening widen of a season, and he wondered if that was a outcome of a vigour of personification on a authorization actor tag. But now, Moon sees good strides, and he pronounced Cousins has “put a group on his back.”
The early deteriorate pressures, in a way, were substantially good for Cousins to experience, and now he believes a quarterback now isn’t perplexing as tough to be perfect, and is usually playing.
“I consider we have to go by what he went by early and knowledge it, and afterwards have a speak with yourself, or maybe someone tighten to him did, maybe it was his conduct coach,” Moon said. “I’m not sure. But it’s settling down and saying, ‘Look what we have to work with.’ Because he’s got a ton of weapons that can make plays for him. It’s usually a matter of removing them a football. Whether it’s a shoal channel track to DeSean Jackson, or down a margin to Pierre Garcon or whomever, it’s usually his pursuit to let them be a playmakers and usually get a round to them. That’s a easy partial of it. Don’t press and try to do some-more than you’re able of. Those guys have a ability to take a football even on a brief track and get adult a field. Even his parsimonious ends have that ability. Once we comprehend what we have, and we usually do your pursuit and don’t have to do any more, we can usually let a rest of a guys doing their job.”
● Even during Thanksgiving week, Redskins rookie linebacker Su’a Cravens still isn’t articulate to his mom – a Cowboys fan – as he didn’t when Washington hosted Dallas in Week 2. But he is vocalization to Cowboys rookie using behind Ezekiel Elliott, who Cravens got to know during a recruiting routine in high school. Cravens pronounced he bumped into Elliott during camps and got to know him during a Army All-American game. The dual kept in hold over a year.
“I always kept an eye on Zeke and whenever he was doing well, usually strike him adult and, ‘Congrats bro,’” Cravens said. “It’s fun saying him do as good as he is in a NFL.”
Cravens is looking brazen to a game, nonetheless it comes during a scapegoat of blank Thanksgiving. The besiege on his mom’s Facetime calls and content messages went into outcome after a feat over a Packers, yet it could extend behind a Cowboys diversion if she doesn’t save him a image with an additional portion of his mother’s favorite side – yams.
“It’s exciting,” Cravens said. “We’ve got dual multiplication teams fighting for a playoff spot. Obviously, Dallas is forward in a division. We’ve got to hit them off, and we’ve got to do all we can. We’re going to be a underdogs going there, yet we consider I’m some-more dissapoint about blank Thanksgiving dish though. Hopefully we can come out with a ‘W’ over there to make adult for that meal. My mom improved pierce me a plate, or she’s not removing a moody behind home.”
● You might have beheld cornerback Josh Norman hasn’t transposed his “bow-and-arrow” jubilee after he was fined in Week 4 opposite a Cleveland Browns. Instead, he sprints off a field. Ever given that encounter, Norman has felt singular in his ability to demonstrate his emotions on a margin given there’s a aim on him. That view continued opposite a Packers when Norman was flagged for a check of diversion chastisement after scooping what he suspicion was a fumble. Norman took off with a ball, afterwards tossed it, sketch a flag.
“I don’t wish to do anything on a field, man,” Norman said. “I do things on a field, and they always try to get me. So we usually run off to a side given if we do something on a field, they’re going to try and excellent me for something, dwindle me for something given we take it overboard — that they claim. It’s always something, man. Even when we threw a ball, or ran off on a sideline and did a arrow, they still popped me. It’s like I’m darned if we do, darned if we don’t. So we usually go off to a side and usually do my possess thing man.”
● Cousins needs 3 touchdown passes to turn usually a fourth Redskins quarterback to post back-to-back 20-touchdown seasons. Joe Theismann did so in 1983 and ’84. Sonny Jurgensen did in 1966 and ’67, and again 1969 and ’70, and Sammy Baugh did so in 1947 and ’48.
● Wide receiver Jamison Crowder has a touchdown locate in any of a final 3 games. With another today, he would turn a initial Redskins actor given Fred Davis in Weeks 12-15 of a 2009 deteriorate to record a touchdown locate in 4 true games.
● With a touchdown locate today, parsimonious finish Vernon Davis would pierce into a tie for seventh many by any parsimonious finish in NFL story with 57.
● Wide receiver Pierre Garcon enters this diversion with 20 touchdown catches with a Redskins and is chasing Jean Fugett (21) and Rod Gardner (22) for 12th and 11th place, respectively, on a authorization all-time list.
● Running behind Rob Kelley aims to turn a initial Redskins using behind to post uninterrupted 100-yard rushing games given Alfred Morris in Weeks 8 and 9 of a 2013 season.
● Ryan Kerrigan is set to start his 91st uninterrupted game, that is tied for second-most among active NFL linebackers.
● Kerrigan needs dual sacks to turn a fifth member of a Redskins authorization to post mixed 10-sack seasons, fasten Dexter Manley (4), Charles Mann (4), Andre carter (2) and Bryan Orakpo (2).
● Coming off of final week’s diversion that featured a forced fumble, Norman will try to do so in back-to-back games for a initial time in his career. Norman is one forced fail bashful of his career high (2015).