- Mar 27:
- Ellen Pao speaks out after losing box opposite Kleiner Perkins
- Video: Ellen Pao, Kleiner Perkins counsel conflict to taste box verdict
- Timeline: Ellen Pao’s career, pivotal moments during Kleiner Perkins
- Ellen Pao-Kleiner Perkins case: A who’s who
- Ellen Pao trial: Kleiner Perkins wins on all counts
- #EllenPao #KleinerPerkins verdict: Social media reaction
- Live twitter recap: Ellen Pao jury delivers outcome (again) in Kleiner Perkins’ favor
- Mar 26:
- Quinn: Ellen Pao and a cooking invitation dilemma
- Mar 25:
- Ellen Pao sex taste box goes to a jury
- In masculine venture-capital world, women’s practice operation from successful to harrowing
- Live blog recap: Ellen Pao-Kleiner Perkins box goes to jury
- Mar 24:
- Closing arguments in Ellen Pao case: ‘They ran Kleiner Perkins like a boys club’
- Mar 23:
- Ellen Pao lawsuit army Silicon Valley to re-examine a ways
- Live blog recap: Day 1 of shutting arguments in Ellen Pao-Kleiner Perkins trial
- Mar 21:
- Judge: Ellen Pao might explain punitive indemnification in Kleiner Perkins suit
- Mar 19:
- Kleiner Perkins decider to confirm on Ellen Pao’s explain for punitive damages
- Mar 16:
- Live blog recap: Mary Meeker testifies during Ellen Pao-Kleiner Perkins trial
- Mar 13:
- Ellen Pao fields 2 hours of questions from jury
- Mar 12:
- Live blog recap, Mar 13: Jurors peppers Ellen Pao with questions
- Quinn: It’s about a tiny things during a Kleiner trial
- Ellen Pao ends 4 days of testimony with claims of ‘biased’ Kleiner investigator
- Judge’s ruling: Personal finances of Ellen Pao and her father will not be partial of trial
- Ellen Pao conference live blog recap, Mar 12: Kleiner Perkins’ ex-COO takes a stand
- Mar 11:
- Kleiner Perkins counsel casts doubt on Ellen Pao’s financial proclivity for suit
- Live blog recap, Mar 11: Cross-exam hammers divided during Ellen Pao’s expertise, attitude
- Mar 10:
- Ellen Pao faces peppery interrogate in Kleiner Perkins trial
- Live blog recap, Mar 10: Ellen Pao comes underneath peppery cross-examination
- Mar 9:
- Ellen Pao takes a mount in Kleiner Perkins trial: ‘I wanted to be deliberate equal’
- Ellen Pao conference live blog recap, Mar 9: ‘I wanted to be taken seriously’
- Mar 6:
- Kleiner Perkins trial: The firm’s temperament crisis, Pao’s ‘nightmare’ attribute with masculine colleague
- Ellen Pao trial: Is Kleiner’s problem taste or perception?
- Mar 5:
- Ellen Pao trial: Kleiner business speak incited to porn stars, Playboy and ‘really hot’ Marissa Mayer
- Ellen Pao conference live blog recap, Mar 6: Kleiner Perkins’ ‘identity crisis,’ Pao not ‘warm and fuzzy’
- Live blog recap, Mar 5: Talking porn, Tinder during Ellen Pao sex taste trial
- The Ellen Pao trial: A womanlike chip on her shoulder and being asked to take notes
- Mar 4:
- Ellen Pao trial: Doerr says tech, VC firms would do improved ‘if they hired some-more women’
- Live blog recap: John Doerr says Ellen Pao not a group actor as testimony continues
- Mar 3:
- John Doerr testifies he fought to keep Ellen Pao
- Live blog recap: John Doerr testifies in Ellen Pao sex taste trial
- Mar 2:
- Quinn: John Doerr and Ellen Pao: The coach and a dependent on a stand
- Feb 27:
- Top Kleiner Perkins partner: Women can attain during firm
- Live twitter recap: Ellen Pao-Kleiner Perkins sex taste conference testimony
- Feb 25:
- Live blog recap: Day 2 of Ellen Pao vs. Kleiner Perkins sex taste trial
- Feb 24:
- Ellen Pao vs. Kleiner Perkins: Opening arguments hold on sex, energy and money
- Live blog recap: Ellen Pao vs. Kleiner Perkins sex taste trial, opening arguments
- Feb 20:
- Ellen Pao, Kleiner Perkins face off in $16M sex taste trial
- Feb 2:
- Ellen Pao seeking $16 million in sex taste lawsuit opposite Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers
It was always a prolonged shot.
The jury in Ellen Pao’s sex taste box opposite Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers had to find that Pao’s gender was a reason she didn’t rise to a rarefied bar of ubiquitous partners during a vaunted try collateral firm.
They had to trust that a slights Pao experienced, a peculiar review about porn stars on a private jet and a play she was left off, had a accumulative effect; that she couldn’t get forward no matter what, since she is a woman.
They had to omit her opening reviews, criticizing her for conflicts with other partners.
But they did not, on Friday, delivering a unconditional authorised feat to Kleiner, and withdrawal Pao but a millions she sought.
That’s not a finish of it, of course.
This conference resonated with many women in Silicon Valley, since they understand a personification margin isn’t turn when it comes to removing a pursuit during a tech company, earning a promotion, securing appropriation or operative during a VC firm. And I’m flattering certain a outcome of this conference will not change their minds.
Pao was never a ideal plaintiff. And Kleiner, that claimed it was a best of a VC garland on gender issues, wasn’t a best target.
But Pao’s fit highlighted an critical question: Are Silicon Valley companies only profitable mouth use when they contend they support women in tech, or are they holding movement to change a operative culture?
“If we have helped to turn a personification margin for women and minorities in try capital, afterwards a conflict was value it,” Pao pronounced Friday after a verdict.
There is fear that with Pao’s loss, zero has to change, several women told me. “I wish this detriment does not lead anyone to consider that gender taste isn’t a genuine problem with try firms. It is,” pronounced Robin Wolaner, arch handling officer of We Care Solar, a nonprofit.
Freada Kapor Klein, a co-chair of a Kapor Center, compared Pao to Anita Hill, who in 1991 testified during a acknowledgment hearings for Clarence Thomas’ Supreme Court nomination, accusing him in a nationally televised conference about his purported passionate harassment.
Even yet Thomas was confirmed, “that didn’t stop a avalanche of change that was triggered by a hearings,” pronounced Klein. “I don’t consider it’s probable to put a genie in a bottle now given what we have schooled about try collateral and Silicon Valley.”
“The gig is up,” combined Ann Skeet, a executive of care ethics during a Markkula Center for Applied Ethics during Santa Clara University. “Given all that was suggested in a case, we schooled what a tough sourroundings try can be for women.”
So now what?
Pao will go behind to her pursuit during Reddit, a amicable media news site, as halt CEO. Kleiner will continue appropriation companies.
But a conference and a contemptible sum will linger, a cut for Kleiner and another sign of how distant a tech industry, even during a top levels, has to go to provide women as equals.
Pao might not have won her authorised case. But if zero else, her fit will be a poignant step toward creation certain that destiny Ellen Paos have a shot they merit to attain in a tech industry.
Contact Michelle Quinn during 510-394-4196 and email@example.com. Follow her during Twitter.com/michellequinn.