One chairman was harm and residents were left homeless Tuesday morning after a large glow gutted portions of an unit formidable in northwest Harris County.
The 3-alarm glow pennyless out about 4:20 a.m. during a Meadows apartments in a 1400 retard of Blue Bell circuitously Veteran’s Memorial Highway, according to Harris County Sheriff’s Office.
One proprietor was harmed while alerting other tenants about a blaze, pronounced Capt Dean Hensley of a Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office . The chairman was rushed to a circuitously hospital. Details of a person’s injuries and condition were not released.
No other injuries were reported.
Hensley pronounced when firefighters arrived they speckled complicated abandon and fume . The fast-moving glow widespread fast via one two-story building during a complex. Flames erupted by a roof and complicated fume billowed into a sky. The building was engulfed in glow and a roof collapsed as firefighters struggled to control a blaze. The abandon gutted during slightest 16 apartments.
Dozens of residents stood outward examination firefighters conflict a distracted glow as abandon ripped by a apartments.
Luciana McCall pronounced she and her father smelled fume during about 4 a.m. . When they primarily looked outward they saw no denote of a fire, though moments after when they looked again they speckled fume billowing from a unit above theirs. They banged on unit doors to warning other residents about a fire.
McCall pronounced abandon broken her family’s unit and expected all inside it.
When asked if she and her family had place to stay, McCall said, “No where. No where to go.”
The Red Cross was during a stage to assistance replaced residents with housing and other needs.
The Little York Volunteer Fire Department and several other departments battled a flames. More than 50 firefighters were during a scene.
Hensley pronounced investigators are perplexing to establish what sparked a blaze.
Chronicle photographer Cody Duty contributed to this report