Who paid a fatal revisit to Club Negan? This is a cliff-hanging doubt from a deteriorate 6 finale that has intrigued — or is that vexed? — fans of The Walking Dead all open and summer. When a stars and producers of a strike zombie play took to a Hall H theatre during Comic-Con Friday, one of a initial orders of business was to encourage fans a uncover will indeed broach a products when it earnings for deteriorate 7 on Oct. 23, and fortitude will be quickly offering as to that impression Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) brutally murdered. “The disappointment will finish soon,” Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman told a crowd.
Asked by judge Chris Hardwick either a deteriorate premiere lives adult to a build-up, Kirkman deadpanned, “No, it’s a large letdown,” before declaring that a “fantastic” deteriorate premiere is “absolutely value a wait.” He added: “I consider everybody is going to be blown away… You guys are all going to adore it.”
Star Andrew Lincoln, whose Rick is technically in danger with 10 other characters, described a lapse this way: “It’s a unequivocally s—ty start to a season, though hang in there, guys,” he said, observant that a uncover was “headed to one of a biggest showdowns we’ve had on a uncover given [season 4’s] Terminus.”
He also remarkable that Jeffery Dean Morgan was “having approach too most fun personification this dude.” There was no denying that fact this afternoon, as Morgan entered a theatre in full-on Negan mode, bar in hand, hamming it up. “Are we pissin’ a pants yet?” he asked to good cheers. “You motherf–ers! You can breathe. You can blink. You can f—in’ cry. Oh, ruin you’re all going to be doing that!”” he continued, referencing his character’s iconic speech while appearing over Hardwick. “Or we can lead us on a tiny moderation.”
RELATED: Negan’s plant teased in The Walking Dead deteriorate 7 impression posters
A trailer for deteriorate 7 was unspooled in a room, divulgence that King Ezekiel and his pet tiger Shiva will indeed jump from a comics onto a tiny screen. And not usually will we revisit a Kingdom, we brave try inside a Sanctuary, home of a Saviors. Executive writer Scott Gimple remarkable that Khary Payton, who is playing Ezekiel, was a bit younger and some-more svelte than a illustrated incarnation of a character, though “he came in and he owned it,” and “Robert [Kirkman] went bananas.”
“We’re expanding a world,” executive writer Gale Ann Hurd pronounced of deteriorate 7, observant it is some-more “complex,” and that we will accommodate characters “both crony and foe,” and observe “different forms of leadership… good and not-so-benevolent.”
Meanwhile, exec writer Greg Nicotero offering adult this take on Rick and his friends: “Rock bottom, we haven’t even gotten tighten to where people are going.”
In other highlights:
• Nicotero suggested 3 images of walkers from a new season, including one he dubbed “crispy blister,” who boasted dual opposite textures on his face that resembled “half pizza, half burnt pizza.” Another zombie was nicknamed “Hitchcock” since a round fellow’s eyes were pecked out by birds.
• Lincoln talked about how his mother, a Walking Dead superfan, was perplexing to psych him adult and give him some behaving tips before he returned to work on this season. He and co-star Norman Reedus talked about their antic war, including the famous shine gag. The antic video was shown, in that Lincoln gets blasted by shine in his automobile (“It’s still going,” he pronounced to a camera while being filmed. “How most did we f—ing put in there?”) Lincoln sought punish during a row with his possess shine conflict on Reedus, though it backfired, with most of a shine finale adult in his possess beard. (He also lamented that he has picked adult a nicknames “Sparkles” and “Glitter Boy.”)
• Asked about a budding Rick-Michonne relationship, Danai Gurira discussed how a seeds for this intrigue — and detonate of amiability — were planted behind in deteriorate 3’s “Clear,” as Michonne bonded with Carl (Chandler Riggs). This “allowed her to start putting down all those layers and all that armor,” she explained.
• Michael Cudlitz (Abraham) shielded his transfer of Rosita (Christian Serratos) in preference of Sasha (Sonequa Martin). “He still loves Rosita and would do anything for Rosita, though there comes a time when we can’t repudiate feeling,” he said, removing a tiny choked up.
• Appearing around video messages were Lennie James, who joked about starting a hashtag #morganlives, as Morgan wasn’t one of a survivors with Negan, and Melissa McBride, whose character, Carol, was with Negan and therefore also spared from his wrath. McBride deadpanned to a handheld camera that she was blissful to be divided from a psychopath with a bat, and afterwards it was suggested that Morgan himself was holding a camera.
• Also: Cudlitz and costar/master impressionist Ross Marquand (who plays Aaron) did an considerable pep-talk mash-up slight about a dangers forward for their characters, though told by a lens of Rocky (Cudlitz) and Mickey (Marquand.)